We are committed to Safeguarding Children, Young People, Victims/perpetrators of Domestic Abuse and Vulnerable Adults. The PCC has adopted the Church of England’s policies and best practice on safeguarding.
If you have information about a safeguarding situation where a child or adult is in immediate danger or requires immediate medical attention call the emergency services on 999. Do not delay.
The PCC of StOlaves Parish has adopted the House of Bishops’ ‘Promoting a Safer Church; safeguarding policy statement’. Our safeguarding Policy can be found here.
Our Safeguarding Officer is Mr Kayode Adedokun who may be contacted at the church or call on 020 8 5000 797.
Our Church Wardens is Mrs Lola Kuforiji 07500 259 218
We understand reporting abuse may be very difficult and distressing to you and it may add to your hurt by our not being able to immediately assist you. Therefore here are the contact details of other agencies that are available to assist either on a 24-hour basis or through specialist helplines and services:
Welfare of Adult in Hackney
Hackney Service Centre 1 Hillman Street E8 1DY
Telephone – 020 8356 5782
Tel 020 8356 2300 (out of hours)
Fax 020 8356 5043 (020 8356 2374 out of hours)
Email – email@example.com
Welfare of Child in Hackney
If you’re worried about the welfare of any child or young person living in Hackney, you can contact the First Access and Screening Team (FAST) for advice and guidance.If you have safeguarding concerns about a child who lives in Hackney, contact FAST directly 9am to 5pm, Monday – Friday, except bank holidays:
Tel: 020 8356 5500
Fax: 020 8356 5516
- NSPCC Child Protection Helpline: 0808 800 5000 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are worried about a child.
- Child-line: 0800 1111 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are a child or young person and are worried about anything.
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are experiencing domestic abuse.
- Samaritans Helpline: 116 123 (open 24 hours). Phone if you feel you are struggling to cope and need someone to talk to.
- Action on Elder Abuse Helpline: 080 8808 8141 ( free phone Monday to Friday 9-5pm).
- The National Safeguarding Team: firstname.lastname@example.org